Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Here's a deep question for ya {re: power outages}

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Pro User here 7.04 + Denon MC6000 controller. Love it all and everything works great ...... but
I've done a bunch of odd outdoor gigs (Resort pool parties, boat cruises, etc) where the power can, AND DID, go out briefly.
Naturally, the sound goes out (duh) and the 'puter freezes up because it lost the "handshake" to the Denon when the power was cut.
Because of the lappy battery, the session stays "up" but is useless until the power is restored, and the program is ended and restarted.
Of course, all of your "played" tags are gone because the old session was ended.
There must be a program embedded in the startup to VDJ that establishes this handshake. Any way to run (or call) that program *after* VDJ is started to re-establish the connection and keep the tags?
Curious.... Doug

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 1:54 pm
Get yourself a small UPS that will keep the MC-6000 running if the power goes.

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 4:29 pm
That's the plan Groove, if there isn't a program call ....

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 4:57 pm
you should just have to go into the mapper and choose 'rescan for new devices'

or you can map 'reinit_controller' to your keyboard, It should mean you don't need to close the program and loose your played flags.

I checked also if you can invert the command 'not_played' but couldn't make it work. The only other way I can think of how to do it is to add 'last play' to the browser columns and not play anything that was played in the last 24 hours.

Or you could make a filter folder, but depending on the size of your library may not be a good idea that is

'days since last play > 1'

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 5:33 pm
Hoooooly crap! Gotta test this! Thanks!

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 6:33 pm
If I'm ever is a situation where the power may be a bit temperamental, then I use a UPS for the 6000 and external hard drives. No need to plug the lappy in, as you said, it has its own UPS!

I also save the playlist regularly. I simply use the name "now" and always overwrite the existing playlist. That way if for any reason the laptop does need a reboot, I just load the "now" playlist and get back to my last save point.

It would be good in VDJ8 if you could have an autosave feature on the playlist to do exactly as above that would automatically restore when you restarted VDJ.

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 4:01 am
Update: For some reason, I can't get the 'reinit_controller' to work. It will do a "re-establish" if the session is active, but it won't start one if the power was disconnected to the controller.
I have tested the other idea, and it works. Start a track / kill the controller power / Restore power to the controller /
"Rescan for new devices / FOLLOWED BY "Apply" Sound Card setup / Track resumes where it left off!
*The Rescan alone will re-establish connection to the controller but won't allow track to play. Re-"apply"-ing the Sound card setup starts it up.
Sweet!
I learn more about this system every day...

Inviato Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 8:04 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)